WELCOME TO V3 Launch
V3 is now for reals! V2 has been replaced. Here are the changes to the v3 book (See archive for other new changes from v2)
- Split talent trees and styles. Summary: Talent trees grant bonus dice and take note of restrictions which generate combo (purchased like old v3 talent trees). Talent trees do not purchase styles anymore. Styles are now special moves that cost 1 character point to acquire; Are assembled with the special effects (meta effects, bonus dice, simps etc…), cost combo to use. This, in theory further simplifies the character sheet and also produces more chances for player excitement when spending character points.
- Removed Shrubbing: Its too complex and too cumbersome.
- Professions now give the character 1 essence for use with those castes of action: Wizards unite!
- Combo Speed Bump has had wording changes. It was not removed as advertised.
- Added an essence speed bump. Now a character cannot spend more essence in a turn than they have total character points divided by 5 (rounded up). This may be the only bump needed.
- Special Actions Module has changed to reflect the new rules.
- General theory of Labour and Wages raised the price of talent skill. Inflation!
- Technolgy and eras now added soft limits on restrictions. Restrictomancers despair.
- Supernatural module has changed. Added More dynamic casting system changed the way spells are created and noted. Be a Wizard Harry!
- Magical equipment: Fixed typos and modified magical equipment module to accomodate new rules.
- Natural Talents: Changed natural talents to accomodate new rules.
- Proficiencies now either increase or decrease what base dice need to explode. This will make keeping track easier and keep proficiencies fun.
- Killing condition - Revenge no longer gives simplicities. Now it uses a variant of the tricky meta-effect that allows base dice. SELF DESTRUKT!!
- Starting Characters: Creating a character section has mandatory guidelines on how a characters first 15 points must be spent. This increases character creation speed dispels system confusion dramatically by limiting unnecessary choices and slowly introducing players new to caste to concepts. 5,4,3,2,1 blastoff!!!
- The 1 armour rule has been added… effects from restrictions on stacking worn equipment no longer stack. All hail the generalist.
- wording for what meta effects affect is clarified.
- removed the fast talent trees. Because it is unessessary.
Changes to the Website:
- removed, old documents from the main site except setting modules... which may one day be updated.
- Will be adding an archive to the skunkworks. Hopefully I can find a copy of the BBC.