The Defence Update
Defence got a lot of love today. Here are some of the highlights (These are V3 changes only):
- Added the missing paragraph making supernatural combo costs properly reduce to one if you are within the speed bump. This is called the "Power Play" rule and is referenced also in Magical equipment.
- Duel wielding can produce rough dice now. Drizzt OP.
- Clarified Natural Talents to enforce that there are NO bonus dice from combo generation but unspent combo DOES produce dice.
- Added The Narrowing Rule: “Only when X” style restrictions can be narrowed once to a smaller subset possibilities. Then refined once to a single type of object. Then finally once to a unique specific object. For Example: Melee > Two handers > maul > “the crusher”. This should codify a standard for "Only when X" style restrictions.
- Add Status increases potency by +5 now. Debilitating talents potency increase adds +5 potency now. This should make potency worth something.
- Crit gamble clarifies that your opponents base dice CAN trigger crit gamble when defending. Sorry High Rollers.
- Added More meta effects that favor Defence. Enjoy the power creep.
- Added More "Additonal Styles" that favor defence. Reflex and Bolstering. Enjoy the tank characters.
- Active defence has been updated to be applicable to 1 target (generally yourself). You may nominate another target for your active defence. Various rules have been added throughout the book to accomodate these changes.
- +1 range and +1 targets now accomodates defence more appropreately.
- Basic grammar and wording changes for clarity.